The last post on our blog was 5 months ago. Wow. Times flies. Last August, we bought a house and a daycare business. We run the business out of our house, so we never have to drive to work. We currently have 7 kids in our care, 5 days a week. We have an infant, a 1-year-old, a two-year old, 2 three-year-olds, a four-year old, and a five-year old. They are, from youngest to oldest, Eleanor, Xyla, Finley, Noah, Carter, Mason, and Ashton. Some of the things kids say just about make you die laughing. Below is a list of some of the best kid quotes we have documented for their sheer hilarity.
1. After claiming to see a surprise I was building: “I peeked into the shop and I could tell that Brian was either building a donut or a waterfall.”
2. During a wagon-ride field trip: “I need to ride in the wagon so I don’t lost all my energies.”
3. After getting caught misbehaving: “I just like to be a sly fox.”
4. While comparing the cleanliness of “Mom’s” house to our house. “My mom’s house is a lot cleaner, you guys have too much food on the floor.” (hmmm, wonder where THAT came from)
5. While having a pow wow around the toilet: “Boys only need privacy when they go full circle.”
6. Tattling on each other: “I heareded some whineses.”
7. After a mini-vomit: “The fence frowed up.”
It’s only a matter of time before we update this list. Kids. You gotta love em.